I wonder if I offended some with my last post? Crickets. Anyway, I saw this image via Pinterest and loved it. Wanted to attempt it myself.
- 9" (I think) wreaths from Michael's. I think these are too big. Next time, I'd go smaller.
- 4" thick wired ribbon
- 3 3M Command strips
- Twist Ties
Of course, you can read how Martha did it, but there was a hammer, nails, and fishing line mentioned and maybe some basic algebra.
Here is what I did:
- Cut the long length of ribbon
- Tacked it down with a glue dot
- Trim the bottom into a little inverted V
- Fake the wrap around -- take more ribbon, wrap it around the top of each wreath and secure with a twist tie
- Figure out your spacing (note, I do know that my top wreath is WAY too high. I was going to fix it on a daily basis for about 2 weeks until I said screw it).
- Cut a slit in the long length of ribbon
- Adhere your Command strip beneath the slit
- Hang your wreaths
- Add a topper of some sort to the top wreath
- Beat yourself up on your horrible math skills and spacing issues on a daily basis until you just give in to imperfection *