I can't believe I forgot to post about the fact that I WON a contest last week. Yep...you want to know what it was? On Martha Stewart Living Radio (Sirius 112), they had a daily giveaway to see "How Martha Were You" over the weekend. Yes, oh yes...I had channeled my inner Martha like you wouldn't believe. I drove my husband's car that day (He has Sirius, I have XM). I listened to the rules, contemplated my productivity and did it...I called in. The host, Betsy, and I discussed the merits of Columbus, Ohio for a bit for her upcoming trip, and then I launched into my list:
- Made heart-shaped pancakes made with my wonderful Williams-Sonoma Pancake pen
- Worked on a little sewing project for my god-daughter's birthday (to be posted soon!)
- Finished several organization projects
- Handcrafted a pair of glasses for the "Glasses Party"
- Baked a cake and cupcakes for the above "Glasses Party"
- Made Homemade Chicken Mac & Cheese
I thought I would seal the deal with the Glasses Party. I mean c'mon -- sympathy points for having to get a 3-yr old boy to wear glasses?!?
And, about 5 hours later, I got the call - I WON!!!! And, the prize? A coffee mug. Yep - how freakin' non-Martha is that? How about a signed copy of a book? A hand-crocheted coaster?
What do YOU think would have been a more suitable Martha-esque prize?